Saturday, June 20, 2015

Happy Poldark weekend!

So for those of us in the USA, the first episode of Poldark is finally airing tomorrow on PBS. I've basically mainlined all of the novels (am in the midst of the 12th and final book) and am so looking forward to this series. I really want to buy it on blu ray to get the full effect of the spectacular Cornwall scenery, and so have avoided the temptation to buy the British DVD and watch the whole series already. It was a pretty serious temptation.

Ross Poldark is decidedly more hotheaded and far less concerned with propriety than any Austen hero, but I've generally enjoyed the books (although often cursing at him -- usually in my head, but occasionally out loud).

If you haven't read the books, the trailer should give you any number of reasons to watch the series, if you haven't been planning to already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

 Well, dear readers, I am FINALLY starting a newsletter. This is long overdue for me as a series writer so I am excited (after an exceedingl...