Friday, May 22, 2015

A few pieces for piano and cello

These are some favorites of mine, and serve as a good musical accompaniment to this part of "A Change of Legacies," if you're interested in listening along.

Ralph Vaughan Williams is well beyond the Regency, but his music is so quintessentially English, and so beautiful, I listen to him quite a bit while I am writing.



Also a bit beyond the Regency, but we are eventually going to catch up to Schubert. Camille Thomas and Beatrice Berrut do an amazing job with this; I really wish they would release an MP3 of this because I would buy it right up.




This one actually makes an appearance in ACL2: Beethoven's Cello Sonata No. 2 in G minor. António Meneses and Maria João Pires play it with a nice, quiet intimacy that I think matches how it would have been played in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

 Well, dear readers, I am FINALLY starting a newsletter. This is long overdue for me as a series writer so I am excited (after an exceedingl...